Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Honey's Concord Grape Cobbler

This is the cobbler that Honey made. Her real name is Nancy, but the kids she takes care of call her Honey, and she is sweet enough to be called Honey. This is the mouth-watering, just-right-consistency, delicious Concord grape, melt-in-your-mouth crust, made-from-scratch grape cobbler that Honey made. If I was a grape, when my life came to an end, I would want to be in Honey's Concord Grape Cobbler.


I love that she created this fantastic homemade dish, not for Sunday dinner at home or Thanksgiving or Christmas, but for our church potluck honoring our sweet friend JoAnn B who has served the church for many years and is moving away to be closer to family.

Not only did she make this great cobbler and some tasty tasty vaquero beans, but Honey and her hubby Roger, Dick and Marie, and JoAnn A all showed up WAY early to set up the potluck dinner my sweetheart and I were responsible for hosting. In fact, they did such a good job there was hardly anything left for us to do. (I love these people!)

And when I thanked Honey for all they had done. She simply said, "That's what family does." And that's how Honey is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be reviewed and added shortly.